Legal Update On Drinking, Driving And Drugs
Some of the largest amendments to the Criminal Code on drinking and driving, and driving with drugs, recently came into force. It is crucial for Crown and defence counsel to be familiar with what has changed. Join our own, Peter Lindsay and a stellar faculty, as they navigate the fundamental changes in this area of the law.
OBD CPA Criminal Justice Program:
The OBD CPA Program panel will discuss the following key topics:
- What is the new blood alcohol concentration offence that replaces “Over 80”?
- Why are we no longer concerned with a person’s blood alcohol concentration at the time of actual driving?
- What are the new minimum sentences?
- Have other changes been made to the sentencing provisions?
- What are the new “blood drug concentration” offences and how do they compare to impaired by drug?
- Are there new requirements for an approved screening device demand?
- What is the new legislative framework and terminology?
- Are there new immigration consequences as a result of these changes?
Register for this webinar now to ensure that you fully understand these significant legislative changes.
Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm Program