Hamna Anwar, B.Sc.(Hons), M.A, J.D.
Position:Barrister & Solicitor
Location:233 Sheppard Ave. West
North York, ON, M2N 1N2
Hamna Anwar was called to the Bar of Ontario in 2018. She attended the University of Ottawa for her Juris Doctor degree.
Prior to law school Hamna attended the University of Toronto for a Bachelor of Science (Honours) and a Masters of Art in Anthropology where her thesis focused on the intersections of law, national security and religion.
Hamna completed her articles at Cooper Jørgensen, where she worked on various criminal matters including murder, assault, drug offences, firearms possession, driving offences, fraud, and breaches of court orders.
Hamna is dedicated to her community and a career in criminal defence law.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Criminal Lawyers Association
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association (CMLA)
- Women Educating in Law and Life (WELL)
- Junior Criminal Lawyers Network Canada
- South Asian Legal Aid of Ontario (SALCO), former Board Member
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), University of Toronto
- Masters of Art in Anthropology, University of Toronto
- Juris Doctor, University of Ottawa
- Articled with Cooper Jorgensen
- Called to Bar in 2018
Hamna is fluent in English, Urdu, Panjabi and versed in Hindi. We also have Cantonese, Mandarin and many other language interpreters available onsite, including access to high quality interpreters of any language that we could help arrange for you.